I'm not so sure I'm ready for these 100 degree temps this early in the summer. The girls sure have enjoyed the pool since it's warmed up and it's been good exercise for me too.
It's been too muggy to walk outside for sometime now, and when I go to the gym, Kaylee really dislikes the boring play area for the kids. So, a bit more weight gain than what I would like. Now I'm happy to be able to exercise in the pool and all the kids love being in it. Thankfully, my weight gain has slowed down now!
Had a HUGE scare the other day while in the pool. Rob had me looking at storm clouds forming in the sky while Kaylee was on the ladder. Kaylee has always been too afraid to get in the water without us holding her hand or arms so I thought for a moment, she would be okay. Then I heard Emma saying, "Mommy, Mommy! Look, Kaylee is swimming." She had one of those swim suits on that has the floats around the belly, but even though she's the size of a 2 year old, she doesn't know how to swim like a 2 year old. She was face down in the water right in front of me! I quickly picked her up and she must have taken a good breath before going in since she didn't cry, choke or even get all that scared and was ready to jump off the ladder moments later.
So, that evening, Kaylee got a new life jacket. One that goes around her shoulders and has a head support too. Not that I'll be taking my eyes off of her anymore, but it's better support than what she had on. The little stinker doesn't like those infant flotation floats. She wants to be free like everyone else.
Not much else has been happening around here. Rob has gone to NM for some class for his job and will be back Friday night. As for me around the house, we are trying to stay cool. I keep trying to do the laundry, but it seems like it's never ending and takes me forever in the midst of tending to 3 kids. I'm trying to teach Madison that she can't change her clothes 3 times a day. I turn my back and she's in something else.
We are looking forward to having the Letcher guys come through on Sat. on their way to family camp in NM. Wish I was going too. And hopefully they will all stop in on their way back home too. We make for a pretty good stopping point since we are right off the interstate.
Well, since when do I have all 3 kids laying down for a nap at the same time and I'm awake enough to work around the house? Hardly ever, so off I go to tend to some housework that's well needed.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like you are staying busy=) We love and miss ya! God bless . Melissa
Sounds like it is as hot in Canada as in OKC...Bro. John doesn't have AC...probably explains this migraine.
Stay cool and enjoy the pool. See ya soon.
Post a Comment