Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gone Again & Father's Day Deals.

We had a pretty good week overall while Daddy was gone. Friday, we went Father's day shopping and got a GREAT buy on a watch for him. Who would have ever thought that you one could get such a good deal.

I sort of felt sorry for him after he got a watch in NYC. He had wanted to get a watch off the side of the street and near the end of our stay, he did. The guy said he wanted $65 for it and after a few rejects from Rob, he came down to about $35. Rob still said no, and as we were walking away, they guy asked how much we would give for the watch. Rob said he only had $20 for the watch. The guys said oh no, $30. Rob stayed firm with the $20 and he followed us as we were walking. Then he said $27, then $25. Rob told him he only had $20 for the watch and we were walking away. Finally the guys said okay, okay, I'll take $20, so Rob got his watch.

Rob didn't even look the watch over, and after getting back to our hotel and inspecting the watch, the clasp didn't even close. I was laughing so hard about the whole thing and Rob was so disappointed. Oh well, maybe we can find a band that actually works. At least the watch keeps good time.

So, I said all that to say, we found a great deal on a watch that works and stays closed. I went to JCPenney were they had $36 watches half off and then I had a $10 off coupon! $8.5? for the watch!!! I know, it was cheap, but it fits our budget really well. We also got him his favorite cookies & gave him a #1 dad key chain HE picked out from NYC. The girls colored him a picture & then off to breakfast we went. Overall, I think it was a great day for him.

After breakfast, we took him to the airport were he'll be going to Conn. (?) and will be returning Tues. We have a busy week ahead of us. The Letcher's plan to stop on their way through and stay with us. We sure missed the guys not stopping by. Then I think on Sat, the Adam's will be here.

We are getting ready to head off to church for the evening and plan to visit with Tabby and her family tomorrow. The house is half way cleaned and the more we are gone, the more the house will stay cleaner. The only problem, is the near 100 degree temps outside, so inside things will have to be planned.

Well, off we go. Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Too funny about the watch in NYC. So glad you found a good deal on one that has a working clasp. Your week is going to be as busy as our's...I'm so ready to be done with the packing and am not looking forward to the drive...but...once it is done...it is DONE! See ya next weekend.

How was Sis. Sharon when you went to visit? We're praying!

Montgomery's said...

Sis. Sharon is not doing too good. I'll email you about her.