The twins getting their reward for singing the New Testament books all the way through.
Daddy with Kaylee and her cute hair bows.
So cute!
My Daddy being silly to Mom.
A great picture of my parents.
I finally took a picture of my girls with my parents. Carolyn, remind me to do the same when you come down! I'm so bad!
Truly a Madison fashion.Emma with their new fish.
Another round of storms that were way too close!
I watched the weather at 5 to decide if I was going to church Wed night or not. I had already experienced 3 storms coming home one evening from church last year, ran off the road once to a huge hail storm and couldn't see the interstate. Only the vibration I felt on my feet from the warning on the side of the road led me to believe I was in danger and I steered back to the left just enough to where I didn't feel the vibration anymore. It was too loud to hear anything and my normal 40 minute drive turned into an hour.
After watching the news last night and two different stations believing the storms would be in the metro between 10 & midnight, I decided to go so I could do my service. I thought for sure I'd be home close to 9, way before the storms got here. I was WRONG and so were the weathermen!!! Thankfully I did make it without any rain just before 9, but that's not because I wasn't speeding. I saw the huge storms that were getting very close and Rob told me they were coming our way and I managed to pick up a little speed to get home before they got there and me stuck again in another severe storm.
We entered into a tornado warning just after 9 pm with it being about 7 miles away heading our way. Of course, Rob had to go outside to see the wall cloud as I, the mother, lifted the shelter door, put the kids inside the shelter, gathered shoes, diapers, diaper bag & a sippy cup before I went outside. By the time I had gathered everything up and checked the TV again for the location, it was about 10 streets away from us, still coming our way, but very slowly. The wall cloud was definitely getting closer to us & we looked at other clouds during the lightening strikes and saw a very suspicious looking cloud that had the form of a funnel that was just in front of our house. Too close for comfort and not sure if it was the formation of another tornado or just a floater, we decided to take shelter for the first time since we've been here.
Madison was very scared and didn't want our house to break, Emma didn't seem to mind, and Kaylee, I think she was just scared of being in a small cave. Emily, I'm sure was relieved for us to come down and join her with the kids. Getting 3 big people and 3 little kids in a 4 seater shelter was a bit crowded, but we managed to survive for 25 minutes down there in the cool humid sticky hole until our weather radio said we were out of danger. I'm thankful God heard our prayers and answered and kept us safe. We don't have any damage to our house or property but storms expected tomorrow evening into Sat.
So on to something a bit different... POTTY TRAINING.
Okay, no, I'm really not potty training Kaylee, but she THINKS she's as big as the other two and wants to go potty like them and has always had the mindset of "I'll do it when I want to." I'll tell the girls to go potty and she's right behind them or she's right behind me, gruntin' and pulling at her pant so she can go too. She's now 17 months old and is doing a pretty good job at going about 4 times a day. She'll either have me take her pants & diaper off, or she'll do it herself and I put her up on the pot. She thinks she has to play Yahtzee while sitting there and then this deep look of concentration comes over her face and she either goes #1 or #2 on the potty. She still wets her diaper often, but if I mention it to her, she'll go sit on the pot and go.
The girl still doesn't talk all that much. She only says about 13 words, but doesn't have any problems getting what she wants.
Last Tues. I did go see my Dr. for the baby. Everything looks fine. I wiggled my way out of another sugar test since I'm testing already - which by the way, the Lord has still been in control and my levels are outstanding!!! By looking at me though, he said he had no reason to believe that I wouldn't have another big baby. Of course, this time, I've gained mommy pounds than baby pounds since I'm not having the difficulty of eating like in the past. I'm not eating a ton of sweets, only when Tabby brings her delicious sugar cookies over and I can't stop eating them is when I'm bad! Okay, there's a few other days besides that also. But I'm still praying that somehow, the Lord keeps this baby under 8 pounds and works it out so I can have it naturally.
Well, this post turned out to be way too long and I have work around the house to finish and places to go.



3 comments:
You look great! Love the pics of the girls. So glad to hear that God kept you all safe.
You have cute kids
Love all the pictures!
I LOVE rain and good thunderstorms, but that's probably because I've never been in any immediate danger from a tornado! SCARY. So glad the Lord kept you all safe! He is good to us. :-)
Post a Comment