Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Trip...

Typo's are okay... I'm beyond tired and don't care. hee hee. Sooooo.....

I was only home for a couple of days after the last post, then off to AR I went to visit family. Just me and the girls. Rob stayed behind due to school, work, and church. I was planning a yard sale at mom's, but rain made me change my mind.

So there I was for about 5 days with no Internet. I'm very behind at reading the blogs, but I had a very nice visit with my parents. The girls were so ready to visit with their family as well. It was also nice to be with my mom on Mother's Day and to see my brothers and sister-in-laws again. I had the joy of beating my mom in a couple of games!!! Now I'll play her again. She thinks I always win, but really, she blew me away the last time I played her, 3 times!

Mom and I went to a couple yard sales on Thursday before the rain came in, but the other two days were rained out. I've not been able to go to a yard sale in a LONG time. It was relaxing not having the kids. Now I'm sure Papaw was glad when we got home, but I must say, I enjoyed the time away for just a short while.

We really missed Rob while we were gone. After 3 nights away, Madison was ready to come home, that was, until she woke up, then she wanted to stay and play. Kaylee got really good at training her Papaw and "driving" him in the direction she wanted to go. The girl pretty much got what she wanted.

Rob did stay busy this week. Wed night was 4 hours of school after a full day of work, Thurs night he studied and called some people, Fri night was Bible Study, Sat was more studying and calling people, Sun morning was a special service held at a members home that is dying with cancer and Sunday night was his VLB service. Surely he didn't have much time to miss us. He slept a couple nights on the couch since I wasn't home. Poor guy!

So about his Sunday morning service. Rob called one of her sons and told him about what he was planning. At first, he wasn't sure if he would be coming since his half sister was in, but after talking with Rob, he decided to come. His whole family ended up coming and this was the first time Rob had met him after several phone calls with him this past year.

First, Rob had Sunday School with them all. He had misplaced his Sunday School book in the van that I had in AR, so I told him what the lesson was on, gave him the highlights and he went from there. Rob got roses for the mothers and had the children to write something special on a piece of paper and had each of them to read it out loud to their mom. He spoke, about something ( I wasn't there and I forgot the specifics ) before the children read what they had written, sang some songs and after the service, they all had a cook out. From what I hear, it was a very nice gathering for the family who had not been in a service for some time.

Rob then invited the one brother to Bible Study and he said he would try and come, but he DID invite us to have one at his house in two weeks!!! This is a huge door that has been opened up. The family once were members of the church, but since have slid away from the Lord and we have been praying for them for a long time. So please pray for this family that God continues to move in their heart.

I obviously made it home okay with no rain!!! Emily, my niece came home with me for a couple of weeks. We'll take her back home on our way to NYC. Hope all the mothers had a wonderful mother's day.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Awesome! So happy that Johnny and his family came to service and is open to having Bible Study at their home. So exciting!!!!How's Sis. Sharon feeling?

Glad you had such a wonderfully relaxing time. Enjoy having your neice there. When do you leave for NYC?

We may be there a week early...waiting on some more information. We'll keep you posted.

Montgomery's said...

I'm so far behind on your blog, so I don't know much, but heard you got an offer accepted. I'll try and read some here in a bit.

Sis. Sharon, I heard on Sunday was feeling really good. She has up and down days and never knows which days are going to be good.

Leaving for NYC the day after memorial day, but will be in Mtn. View that weekend. Rob has TDY the day after our plane lands in Memphis, so I may have to stay in AR for another week if we can't make it back. He wasn't suppose to leave that day. It's still not set in stone for his TDY. I wanted to be back for when Tabby has her baby.

And leaving a week early? We'll take that! ;) Do keep us posted!