Our house still has not sold, and still only one person has looked at it. Hopefully after school is out, viewing will pick up.
I'm posting some pictures of Rob's commissioning ceremony and one picture at his graduation. Both events were very nice and all went smooth. I'm just in shock that he's done! Well, not completely. Plans are to start up school again in Jan. for his master's degree that will take 2 1/2 years to complete. But that he's finally commissioned doesn't seem real to me.
Oh, some may be wondering what he'll be doing at his new assignment. He's assigned to Tinker AFB in Oklahoma as an oil analysis program manager. With that job, he'll be analysing oil from a couple different airplane engines to make sure no metals are getting into the oil from different parts of the engine. If him and his team find there's metal, they have to report it. If metal gets into the engine, it could cause engine loss in the middle of a flight and crash. So, I suppose it's an important job.
We'll be moving this week!!! I leave on Thursday, Rob leaves on Friday!!! We are excited for another chapter in our journey--exploring a new place and being closer to my family.
Well, lots to do around here still, so off I go. Enjoy the pictures!
Rob's family that was able to make it out.
Thanks so much for coming!
Rob's cake I got for him. It turned out really nice!
Rob getting sworn in as a 2D LT by a Coast Guard officer who helped him get in this program for school. He came all the way from Memphis to commission Rob before heading to St. Louis to respond to the floods. Thanks LTCDR Davenport for coming, for your dedication, and for all you've done for Rob!
Me and Ronnie (Rob's dad) pinning on Rob's 2D LT bars.
Yes, Rob was on his knee! I'm too short to see his shoulder!
Rob's awsome salute to his commander at the ROTC detachment.
At Rob's graduation!



9 comments:
Looking forward to seeing you all. I know that Ramona is excited. We will see you in June. David is going to come and preach for my uncle while he is gone on vacation.
I LOVE the pictures! They all are great!
Congratulations Rob! Exciting stuff. And the pictures are great!
Hope things go smoothly with your move.
Oh, congratulations on your pregnancy also! I've been thinking about you and praying for you often.
Hey, Guys,
Great news. Congratulations, Rob! I'm excited for you. I saved some of the pictures onto my hard drive. It sure would be great to see you guys again. I love and miss you both. Was just telling Bro. Adams about when I used to go out to Arkansas and how great Amy's family is. If Wayne & Charlotte have a blog, let me know (I'd be great to see how they're doing.)
Bro. Jacob
Sis. Amy,
We are so excited for you and your family. How wonderful to see the fruits of your labor!
Love ya!
Sister Net
Congrats on your graduation and commissioning! I am so happy for you. I do have one question though...why is your head as slick as a whistle? ~giggle~
Let me know when you have an address and phone number. Praying for your move and the pregnancy! Love you guys!
I will definitely teach you how to play, WHEN you come to visit. I'll have to take you up to Glacier National Park, too, on Going to the Sun Road. You'll love it.
LT, Way to go SIR, yep, I actually have to call you SIR now and yes I'll salute you the next time I see ya. I'm very proud of what you've accomplished and I know you'll be an awesome AF Officer. JUST don't get all high and mighty or I'll have to have a SNCO chat with you and AMY! We love you guys and hope to see you soon.
God Bless,
Bro. Ray
Congratulations to Rob and you. I say you because as a military wife myself I know that those 10 or so years you have been there as a great support. Also congratulations on the pregnanacy we'll be praying. Those little girls are beautiful and growing fast. Brooks gang.
Post a Comment