Friday, September 4, 2009

It's OFFICIAL!!! Baby Lydia is Here!!!

We are now the happy parents of 4 beautiful girls. Baby Lydia Grace Montgomery was born this morning at 8:04 a.m. She was 8 lbs even and 20 inches long. We thank God for answering our prayer request for a healthy baby. She is the first of our four that we have been able to hold after being born. Emma and Madison spent some time in an incubator and our first chance holding them was putting our sanitized arms through some holes in the incubator and lifting them off the pad they were laying on. Kaylee had to be on oxygen and had to sleep with a hood over her head the first night. So she was wheeled off to the NICU right after birth. This time after they cleaned Lydia up they handed her to me (rob) and I was almost shocked. I think my first words were, "Uh, I get to keep her?" Then I remembered that we prayed for this and I thanked God for answering. Plus it was great to put her little face down by Amy so they could kiss while Amy was being stitched up. And I got to carry her back to the recovery room and place her in mommy's arms. I can't explain how great that was for us after what we've went through in our first moments with the other girls. Thank you God!!!

We left Amy's mom at the hospital with her and I brough the girls and my dad & mom home to eat and take a nap. After uploading some pictures we're heading back to the hospital. Amy's doing well....starting to feel some pain. She says she's been on the phone a lot and probably needs to rest. I'm posting a few pictures here. If you have facebook I posted the entire album and some videos under Amy's profile. Be back with some updates in awhile. Thank you all for your prayers.




The family ready to meet their new addition!!!





Lydia Grace Montgomery - only a few minutes old

A proud daddy!!!





Lydia and Daddy holding hands







Mommy holding Lydia...and so happy to be able to


Cleaned up a bit - looking good

3 comments:

connie said...

Congratulations!
God is SO good!

Erika J. said...

oh how precious! i won't forget her bday. it's the day after my daughter, kailee's bday.

congrats you 2. she's beautiful! already looks alot like the rest of the girls. :)

the shuler family said...

She is SO cute!!! I love her chubby cheeks. Congratulations to both of you.