Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ice Skating Adventure

Last weekend, my sister-in-law and her kids came down for a visit to see the baby. While they were here for Emily's birthday, Emily asked about ice skating so ice skating is where we went. I've been spoiled to the mall ice skating rinks where the temp on the ice is somewhere around 65 or 70 degrees. So when we entered into the building here and it was MUCH colder than that, we were all thrown for a loop. It was FREEZING in there. Okay, maybe it was above freezing temps, but not by much. Quickly, our nose and hands were very cold standing on the outside of the rink and inside the rink was about 4 or 5 degrees colder. At least I remembered to grab some sweaters for me and the kids but didn't know we needed scarfs, gloves and hats too. :)

But we survived and all the ice skaters had a blast. Who knows, when Lydia gets a bit older, we may just attempt it again with all the winter gear on. I suppose you can say I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather. :) All you that went to church with me in CO know exactly what I'm talking about... as I entered into the church with it 30 degrees outside and me all bundled up. :) Glad I could make you smile and bring laughter to your lives. :)

This week, my mom took the girls home with her to Mtn. View so I could attempt sleeping a little more during the day. It's worked a little, but it sure is quiet here and lonely during the day. I think Lydia misses her sisters. This morning, I've had to turn on cartoons just so that she would not cry. :) I believe she needs the noise.

She weighed in yesterday for her 2 week appointment at 8 lbs and 14 oz. She's gained 1 1/2 lbs since she's been home. She's doing real good.

I'm doing well after the c-section as well. This is the first time that I've actually felt really good less than 3 weeks after surgery. I thank God for a quick recovery. I'm still sore a little, but not in a lot of pain. My incision looks good all for one place where it's still trying to heal. It was stapled wrong and I'm having to dr. it a bit more but it's looking so much better now.

Rob is always sleepy. :) But he's also a huge help.

That's our update, so here are some pictures of the great cold event. Enjoy!


Who is supporting who?
Kaylee so happy that she was able to go skating after watching the kids for so long.

Daddy helping her.


I love this picture.

Madison getting help from her daddy.

Then she tried it on her own... it was not a success.

Emma's first try at skating. She got a LOT better toward to the end... very graceful.

Rob... worried?

Emily did great!

Fearless Dakota. He attempted tricks not long after he got on the ice. He did great and crashed a lot!

3 comments:

d_lhays said...

Looks like fun. Good to hear you are doing well. All your girls are beautiful. Hope to meet the new little one soon.

cokelady said...

Glad to hear that you and baby are both doing well. Well enough to get out and go ice skating! Wow!!! It's been years since I've been skating... on the lake. And I'm sure it was less than 30 degrees out there. You would NOT have enjoyed it! Ha!

Montgomery's said...

Oh Becki, I didn't skate. Me, Mom & Charlotte stayed off the ice. I'm not well enough to use all those muscles and I may have enjoyed it outside for a little while, but not for long. :)