Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Weekend, Gardening, & the Dr.

We sure did have a wonderful weekend visiting with the Wilson's. We started out going to revival in Tulsa then headed over to the Wilson's to visit with their little adopted grandson. The girls and Landon hit it off real good and Sis. Connie and Bro. Johnny fixed an outstanding breakfast!!! YUMMY! Then Rob and Bro. Johnny went to the Jared's to pick some green beans. After a fun evening at Chuck-E-Cheese, we sat around the table and snapped beans. I haven't don't that in over 20 years. It was great. I even got to bring some home with us and cooked them with some potatoes & onions... Oh, it was so good along with some fried squash and ham. Tonight, I'm thinking fried okra, some sort of potatoes and a meatloaf (?) or maybe something else (?). I'll get the meat defrosted and think about it. :)

So gardening, our garden... WELL.... it's producing... some. We are getting enough okra to feed us a good helping about every other day. I LOVE okra. The tomato plants and the corn did nothing for us, but provided the bugs with some good eating. Our one little cucumber plant that survived has produced us some really good cucumbers, about 6 large ones and we have some small one on there, but I'm not sure how they will do. And our squash plants.... WELL.... they turned into what we thought was watermelons, and then the watermelons turned into cantaloupe and cantaloupe is what is really is. :)

I picked the first cantaloupe today, cut it up and tried it and it's not bad. I've had sweeter cantaloupe, but it still has a good flavor. We have another one about ready to pick and a few more that are growing still.

At least this garden did much better than last years garden which was a complete flop!

And my Dr... he doesn't think I'll have this baby on my own and was highly suggesting another c-section again. My desire has been to have this baby naturally so I can hold it just after delivery. I have some good things going for me, like measuring much smaller than what I was measuring with Kaylee. My sugars have been under control which I believe is a huge part of why I'm not as large. I'm not even swelling like I did with Kaylee, BUT... I'm almost 37 weeks and I've not dilated at all. I'm praying, and have been praying, that God would allow me to have this baby without a c-section. Anyone who would pray with me, please do so.

My hip is in a lot of pain and has been for over 2 months now. The farther along I get, the worse it is. That's really my only complaint which I'm very thankful for. But it's so bad at times that I sometimes just want to say I give in and go for the c-section. ????

So, I suppose that's about it for now. I best get back to getting the clothes prepared for Lydia's arrival, clean up Kaylee's room, make room for something to store the clothes in and pack away all the toys that are in the floor that never are played with, they are just taking up floor space for me trip over. :) Have a good day folks!

6 comments:

d_lhays said...

I am praying for you. I went 12 hours in labor before they came in and told me i couldnt have Ty. I was so tore up. And hated to have to wait 3plus hours to hold him after the c section. Keep us updated.

Momma Tammi said...

Ha ha! It's squash, no wait, it's watermelon, no, that's not right...ohhhhhhh! It's canteloupe! So glad that you finally figured out what it was. That is too funny.

I'm praying! Each day you look so much more uncomfortable. I need the address to the hospital so I can program the GPS. We'll get lost downtown. ~grin~

Wayne and Charlotte Dixon. said...

I want to come see y'all so bad! Are you going camping?

Montgomery's said...

We want to see you so bad too Cha Cha! I'm sort-of going camping. If you could get a recliner out to the camp site, then I would stay the night. lol. I don't think this hip of mine along with an air mattress would make for a good pair. I'll be going out during the day and staying the night at the house all by my lonesome. Really can't complain about that. hee hee.

cokelady said...

Glad to hear the latest from your neck of the woods. I'll pray for God to make it possible for you to have a natural birth this time. He can do it! :-) Can't wait to hear about the good news when the time comes!

Netty said...

I will be praying. I was very upset when they said I had to have a C-section, but after they took Braden the doctor looked at me and said I'd never had been able to have him. I wasn't that upset anymore because I realized I had done all I knew to do.
Looking forward to hearing about your baby.