GOING CAMPING!
Our tent in the background and the girls got busy right away in the sand.
All the girls testing the tent out.I didn't get many pictures taken. Why? I'm not sure, I never had my camera with me. I'll have to have Sis. Tammi (the camera queen) to give me what she took of my girls & us.
Just 15 miles down the road was a wonderful campsite for us. We had a great time at our first church camping trip. Well, I guess some of us had a rough time. I didn't stay the first night and came home close to 11pm before the girls were put to bed. That might have been a mistake. Rob finally got them all asleep around 12:30 am and they all woke up about 2 am and never went back to sleep. Kaylee cried the entire time and wanted me while the girls were asking all kinds of questions as Rob was losing his patience. I think he needed some sleep. :)
I got a phone call about 4:30 am with a threat of him coming home with all the kids. He didn't know what else to do. After all, this was the girls first time to camp. I told him to try driving Kaylee around and she might fall asleep. I'm not sure how long he tried it for, but it didn't work. Instead of her falling asleep, she perked up, looking out the window and looking all around. So he tried kids songs, and again, no success. Instead, she started bouncing around in her seat singing and clapping. He gave up, tried the tent thing again and before I knew it, there was knock on my garage door at 6 am. That scared me a bit. No phone call to let me know he was coming and then I'm having someone knocking on my door! I finally let the poor guy in who was exhausted, I kept the kids, had them sleep a few hours and let him go have some guy time out on the lake fishing.
We got back to the camp site close to 10 am and everyone seemed a bit tired from our girls keeping everyone up all night long. sorry.... the girl went swimming fully dressed. It was fun watching them play in the lake. We all went fishing just after lunch and then again in the evening. I actually caught a Crappy! Just one though and we kept it. Suppose that was more than some others got. :) Oh, I got a Blue Gill too, but we threw him back.
Madison lost her pole in the lake. Rob tried to scoop it up, but just missed it. Luckily, we had the bobber that was still attached, but because she has pushed the button just as it was going into the lake, Rob had to pull all the string out in order to get her pole out of the lake.
Saturday night was a better success at getting the girls to sleep. I put Kaylee to bed first at 9:30 then the girls fell asleep on Rob close to 10:30. Amazingly, they slept all night long. So did everyone else while Rob was out pulling down not just tree limbs for the fire, but tree BRANCHES on top of a gazebo and tubs of cookware making all kinds of noise close to midnight. I'm sure between the kids keeping everyone awake the night before and the warm sunny heat, everyone was out once they got to bed. I ended up staying that night. Slept just about as well as I do at home. After all, at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant, I'm not sure who sleeps well anywhere.
Sunday morning, we had a church service right outside in the middle of our community tent city. We had 6 tents and a sea of blue tarp with a fire pit in the middle. Rob and Rob did a great job at digging that thing out so we could have a camp fire. The kids sure did enjoy cooking over it while the adults enjoyed watching it.
After we loaded up & came home, we crashed and got some good rest then off to church we went Sunday night and had a great service.
We missed all that could have come or wished they could have come. Hopefully next year, you can join us. It was a great time of fellowship.


5 comments:
Ha! That's hilarious!!! But... I'm kinda glad I wasn't there! Ha! Just think of the wonderful MEMORIES you'll all have of this! :-)
you are sooo brave I love camping I miss it. I love the name Lydia Grace can't wait to see the little one........we're praying for you.
I have managed to get the pictures transferred from camera to computer, but that is as far as I have gotten. Got some really good ones of the girls.
Wow, camping with 3 girl and being 37 1/2 wks along, your brave. Glad to hear that you slept ok. You right about not sleeping very well anywhere at 37 1/2 wks. I remember those days too well. Ouch!
That's funny that your squash really turned out to be cantaloupe! At lest you are getting something out of your garden. :)
I'll be praying that you will be able to have this baby naturally. Being able to hold the baby right after having her is so wonderful!
That reminds me of our camping trips in CO. I miss those days. Lots of good memories. I can relate to camping in the last few weeks of pregnancy... I did it several times :-)
Post a Comment