Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not So Good Here At Home...

Well, a few days ago, Rob was still trying to get his orders for a TDY to Germany switched to September so he could attend the Assembly. He knew he was going for a week and would be leaving from TN but then he got a phone call about having to go a week earlier for 2 weeks straight. I was very bummed and thought about not going to the Assembly, then my great family talked me into going. BUT NOW... I'm sick with strep, my throat and ear is pounding and Emma is now coming down with a temp! The devil is either really fighting or for some reason of which I'm not aware of, God is trying to protect us. I really hope she doesn't get what I have. I slept for 2 days and 2 nights straight before Rob left for FL on Monday which forced me to get out of bed and take care of the kids. Thankfully, the body aches I had from Sat & Sun went away on Monday, but the soarness progress rapidly. My temp went from staying around 103.5 to staying around 101.3 for Monday. Today, it's been hanging around 100.6 each time I check it. I went to the doctor on Monday and received a shot and was sent home with some meds. Today, I'm not feeling too much better. I'm more "with it," but it now feels like my face is numb from my chin to my eye brow. My teeth hurt because of the infection and to me I sound like I'm in a tunnel talking. Yesterday, it sounded like I was talking into a mic with the reverb (is that what it's called?) all the way up and my voice sound distorted.

I'm really hoping to still make it to the Assembly. Rob will be home Thursday morning to care for the kids and I'll try to do some more resting to get well. I'm just not able to sleep as much as I would like.

I also have to watch out for the goat in my house. Kaylee will pick up every single piece of paper and eat it. Well, she gets choaked on it. I normally catch her in the act of putting it in her mouth. Now yesterday, Madison calmly comes to me and says, "Mom, Emma is feeding Kaylee chips." So I jump up to look, and sure enough, she had a gold fish cracker coming out of her mouth, but she was still choking! So I calmly waited and she coughed up a whole gold fish cracker. Scary!

Well, for all of those who pray, pray for us that we get well.
Take care and God bless you!
Amy

No comments: