Thursday, October 11, 2007

Alabama TDY. . .

Well, I just couldn't let Rob get off another 5 weeks without me. This TDY let family come with him, so we all hoppped (crowded) into the car and tagged along. We did take it easy, traveled 6 hours to my parents in AR, oh... that was so Rob could hunt, then we traveled about 5 hours into Mississippi, then 4 hours on into Montgomery, AL. Breaking it up wasn't so bad on me and the girls.

I'll be going home the end of Oct for a Dr. appointment. I'll be 6 weeks away from due date then and I didn't want to stay away longer. There's so many babies that do come into this world early, I didn't want to be too far away from my Dr. Especially since the girls had put me in the hospital at 29 weeks with contractions for a week!!! I'm 31 weeks now, what I was when the girls were born. I'm feeling pretty good, just getting tired more often and my back keeps KILLING me with pain! At least Rob is good at massaging my back for me. He's such a great guy! He woke up 3 times last night and massaged my back for me when I asked him too. Hated to ask him, since he's gotta be up so early, but I REALLY didn't want to be in such bad pain all day today taking care of the girls.

Can you believe Rob left the camera? Yes, I say Rob, because he's always the one that packs it. I have to go buy a disposable one so we can take some pictures. It's a great base around here. Where we are at, this base does a lot of schooling for officers, so it's nearly like a campas. Okay, but don't think too big or too nice. It is a military base that's right in the midst of the hood and the rooms are old, moldy, musty, smelly, small, so we spend a lot of time outside playing on the wonderful playground that's provided for kids. And really, it is a great play area for the kids to play on.

I should be napping with the kids before Rob comes in, so I'll call it quits for now so I can get some rest. Enough boring stuff for now!

3 comments:

Wayne and Charlotte Dixon. said...

Glad you made it safe, Sis. We love and miss y'all. See you at the end of the month.

Washington Okie said...

Wow, good ole Maxwell AFB and those moldy, musky, bug filled rooms. I was TDY there for 60 days about 20 years ago and it sound like not much has changed. We'll be praying for your delivery.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, we at the Shawnee Church are happy to hear you are in AL and all is well, we miss you, love you all....