Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fire Danger

First, thank you all who have commented on us expecting a girl. We are very excited that we'll be able to remain in a 3 bedroom house and clothes can be passed down to this baby as well.

On to the fires. Yes, central Oklahoma is under fire, literally. The first large fire reported was about 7 miles from us in Midwest City. At least 20 homes were completely destroyed and the fire quickly spread up to Choctaw destroying over 100 homes in it's path. So sad. Oh wait, I really think the fire north of Shawnee was one of the first fires. Sis. Loree Brock called me wanting me to pray cause they had to evacuate. They are okay and they got their motor home moved as well. What a scary busy day it was for them. As far as I know, where they were staying is okay as well unless the wind change causes the fires to come back down to where they were at.

I was a bit worried when Tabatha & I were coming home from shopping and the closer we got to our exit, the more black smoke we saw in the air. Not really knowing where all the fires were at and what direction they were going in, my nerves were a little shot. I knew there were fires on both the south & north side of us. Thankfully, none of them got to our home, but my heart grieves for all who have lost their home. I suppose we are not completely out of danger since there are still amber's burning just north of us in Midwest City and the winds have shifted more toward our direction, but I think we'll be okay unless more fires pick up throughout the night.

I'm wondering what other state you can live in to where you have ice storms, blizzards, tornado's, floods, fires & earthquakes all within a couple months of each other?

My allergies/sore throat has flared up again. I'm blaming it on Rob's indoor garden. That's right, he's started up some plants inside then transferred them to some soil that smells very strong. Every time I'm near them, my throat hurts. He's gotta get those plants outside in the ground!!! I got well over the weekend while we were gone away from all the dirt! Life!

Well, I've been informed I've taken too long on the computer... that would really be due to Rob talking to me and he really likes to know he has my attention while he's talking to me. ha ha. But, it's past bedtime for me and so off I go to watch the news one last time and oh, I'm hungry again. I guess I'll take care of that too.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm too tired to proof read, and even if I did, I can't garantee no mistakes.

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

So glad that you are all okay. Thanks for the e-mail. I went to bed praying for all of you. I don't watch much television, so I rarely know what is going on in the news, but my husband caught a news update on his computer before I went to bed. I don't ever remember wild fires in Oklahoma, so I was totally amazed at what was happening, even more so at the areas being totally devastated.

d_lhays said...

Glad you guys are okay. I seen about the fire's on Good Morning America. I'm with ya on the crazy weather in OK. I have never seen weather like that before.

mandie said...

We'll be praying for you guys and the Brocks! Thanks for the update! And Yeah for another girl! :) God bless you guys!! Love ya!!