It was so good to spend time with Sis. Connie & Bro. Johnny Wilson this weekend. We'll have to get up there to spend the day without church activities going on. They are such a joy and we thank them so much for opening up their home to us.
Johnna came in on Sat. during lunch time and it was great visiting with her. We took her out with some of the youth so she could meet a few more people in the church. She enjoyed the fellowship with people her age. :) I'm just bummed we'll be gone during the time that she is here to visit, so getting to spend the evening with her was great.
Convention was wonderful. The blessing of the Lord poured and a sweet Spirit was there. All the messages were outstanding and filling to the soul. I really enjoyed the fellowship time during lunch. We were told NOT to go out for lunch, lunch was prepared for us, and that was such a blessing to be able to fellowship with many more people than normal hustle & bustle with a small group.
So some great news that we are excited about....
Years ago, some members of our church donated property to the church for a youth camp. Since the split, we've had to find another place to have camp. Bro. D. Smith got a phone call from the current camp ground care taker (that's who I suppose it was) and he said he felt like the camp is just as much ours as it was theirs. He told us we can have camp there on the grounds for the cost of expenses!!! How AMAZING!!! Not only is it cheaper, but it's 2 hours closer to OK for the people out here won't have to drive as far. Not nearly as may mosquito's!!! Okay, if you new anything about flat land blood eaters, then you would be very appreciative of this!!! Those thing feel like you are being carried away and then you feel like you have some flesh eating disease where hundreds have bit you! So, we are very thrilled. But now, we will have to be more aware of snakes and tics.... ummmm.... which one do I prefer... NEITHER! lol
We understand that many updates have been made to the campground since we've last used it that has made it so much better. Rob and I are excited for the chance to go see it this week while in Mtn. View. It will bring back many memories for me since I spent my first 8 or 9 camps there and grew spiritually there. It will be great! The Lord has opened yet another door.
Well, off I got to prepare myself and the kids for bed. I've been running a fever again today that has made me feel a bit bad. And, I'm hungry again... that's a never ending story. And it stinks that not much sounds or taste good to me at this point in time! I am thankful for a weekend that was more energized. I did good until Sat. night, then I lost my supper. Oh well, just 31 more weeks....
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
So glad to hear how blessed the convention was. Dial soap will remove any ticks that attach themselves to you, Camphopheneque takes care of the mosquitoes and chiggers and a box of moth balls spread around your cabin will keep the snakes away. ~hee hee~ Where is the campground located? That is really exciting news.
So glad to hear about another good Convention--and what wonderful news about the campground! That is so exciting!
Thanks Sis. Tammi for all the info! ha. Camphopheneque never worked for me for the chiggers. More like clear nail polish to smoother those things out.
The campgrounds are 15 minutes from Mountain View, AR and the dates are the week of July 20th. Oh, it will be hot.
That is AWESOME!!!! When you started talking about the campground I knew exactly what you were talking about. The Cartwrights are DEAR DEAR people to us, we count them as our spiritual grandparents. I have driven by that camp so much and mourned it cause it looks SO neat! I'm SO glad that y'all can use it!!! Hmm... wonder if I can get away in July!
Rachel, I have connections with camp, but I don't make the final decision. Wish you could help. We normally need men helping, but Bro. Byron would really like to do smaller groups if at all possible. Let me know if you can get away, I'll put in a word for you.
Convetion was WONDERFUL! I am glad we got to see you and your family. And visit a little afterward. Hope you guys didn't get in to late.
Hi Amy! It was cool to read a little about you guys :)God bless you all.Please keep praying for us :)
Oh that's right, I'm too old to be a camper! I haven't been to a TCOG camp EVER and the last time I went to a FWB Bible Camp I was 16 and still a camper. :-)
Smaller groups? I'm not following.
Rachel-
We've had been having problems with enough cabin leaders for the campers, so the leaders end up having about 10-12 campers. We would love to be able to have about 6-8 campers per leader if at all possible. The problem is, getting enough leaders that are eligable and trained for cabin leader work. We have quiet a few women working as cabin leaders, but the men are few causing the guys to have about 15 campers per leader. Not too good, but it ends up working out and I never hear about the campers not liking it.
Post a Comment