Friday, February 6, 2009

The Worst Week Of Our Lives...

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so ready for this sickness to be totally over with and to NEVER come back!!! It all started Sunday afternoon with Kaylee and then after Rob got sick Monday night, Madison had her round Tues. evening and couldn't keep anything down til midnight. It was quiet comical, not that Madison was sick, but that Emma wanted to be sick so bad. She laid around like the rest then would get up and play and then realize, oh, I want to be sick and would start laying around again. At one point, she complained about her belly hurting since that was a common symptom everyone else complained with. At one time, Rob asked if she felt like she was going to get sick and she said yes. He placed the bucket in front of her and while trying to still watch TV, she gagged around a bit and spit a little in the bucket. Rob asked if she felt better and she said yes. We couldn't help but laugh. She wanted to be sick so bad like Madison, as if she wasn't getting any attention.

Needless to say, Emma did wake up Wed. morning sick to her stomach. Finally, she really got what she wanted. We asked if she was happy now that she really was sick, and of course, she was happy to be sick, but she didn't want to be sick. ??? That an almost 4 year old for ya. Madison got sick one more time and then snapped out of it around 1pm. She felt so good she wanted a bath. Emma laid around for the rest of the day running a fever and they both ran a fever that night.

I was praying so hard not to get sick too, but for some reason, prayers were not answered. I knew if I was going to get sick it would most likely be Wed. evening or Thurs. morning. So, I woke up at 1am with my share of the sickness. Rob came to me and asked, "Is this the virus, or is it the pregnancy?" I told him, "Honey, I don't wake up in the middle of the night throwing up due to being pregnant, this is what you all had." So I was up nearly the whole night sick to my stomach. I ended up having it worse than any of the others. Both ends where in pain, it was awful. I finally sent Rob out for some Imodium AD that brought relief to my aching tummy.

Rob still had to be at work on Thurs. so thankfully, Tabby was feeling much better after her little episode of sickness to watch the kids for me while I rested... oh wait, there is no rest when your sick ever hour and on the pot... so I didn't have to care for my kids. Thanks so much Tabby!!!! Rob did come home early from work, picked up the kids and cared for me ask much as he could. Great husband I have.

So now, I'm feeling the after effects of the sickness. My back is in much pain from overworking the muscles and my fever come up last night. This morning, I'm feeling a lot better, just the muscles are still aching. The twins had a small fever last night but it's not stopped them from going and playing. The baby has never slowed down, even when she was sick. I am thrilled to say, at least we weren't all sick the same day!

So on a good note now, we are happy we are well enough to attend the district convention this weekend. We are looking forward to spending this evening with the Wilson's. I DID call her to tell of our sickness and she did tell us to come on. I'm praying the sickness is all out of our system and will not be spread to them. I do not wish this on anyone!!! Well, maybe the criminals that are around and about... but not any good Samaritans. ;)

So off I go to pack for the weekend and pray that the blessings of the Lord fall upon us and renew our strength. I'm looking forward to a wonderful time of fellowship.

Oh, and I'm not going to proof read, so any errors are not my fault, but the fault of the illness that has been upon me.

3 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. I am glad your feeling better and I pray it stays that way. Have a good time at convention.

Grace & Co said...

I'm so sorry you all were sick, but your post made me laugh! You have such a wonderful sense of humor. =]

Rebekah Doran said...

I feel for you guys! That was us a few Christmas's ago. Ugh! No fun! Glad to hear that you are all well enough to go to the convention though. That is definitely a plus. :)