First of all, the girls turned 4 on Monday. They are so excited to be 4, as old as their cousin Kenzie. They think so highly of her since she so "big."
We celebrated at Chuck E. Cheeses where they were thrilled to play many games and got over 900 tickets out of 130 coins. They did well. Emma even hit the jackpot on one game & received 100 tickets. She was really excited to get so many tickets at once.
One of the big events was getting to see Chuck E. in perosn!!! Madison sure was exicted to no longer be scared of that mouse! I didn't take my camera! so no pictures there!!! I'm really bummed! She told me, "Mommy! He's so soft!"
Ben, Tabby, Sheyanne & Sherry joined us for a couple of hours to share pizza and birthday donuts.
At our small party we gave the girls a princess dress that they love. They wore those dresses the rest of the evening once the storms passes. I'll get to the storms later.... This weekend, we'll celebrate with all the neices & nephews in AR.
This picture I took on thier birthday after we got home.

Today the girls had their well check up and got 4 shots each today. Emma was so excited about getting shots! Poor girl, she didn't know what was coming. Even though she watched Kaylee get hers a couple months ago, she had no idea how bad it was going to hurt. So, when the nurse asked who was going first, Emma was quick to raise her hand and say, "ME!" She was all ready. She did very well and only whinned a little. Madison started crying before she got to the table begging not to get her shots! She cried the hardest and was not that big of a trooper about it all. As we were leaving the office, both of the were limping, Madison with stiff legs. It was so hard for them to walk on legs that just got shots in them. It was pretty cute.
Emma's complained of her legs hurting all day and Madison said hers are fine. I suppose they are glad to know that they don't have to get any more shots until they are 11.
After we came home from the Dr. office, we laid down for a nap in peace knowing that the storms were not to be here until later in the afternoon to early evening. I was thinking maybe 3:30 or 4. Needless to say, THEY CAME EARLIER! It was about 2 pm when Kaylee woke up. I did look outside to see if anything was progressing. Of course it was and that's not early evening to me! There was a large, bad looking cloud to the west and northwest of us. I even ventured outside to take a closer look. I saw it was a ways from us, so back I go in to change Kaylee's diapers. At that time, the sirons start going off and I'm like... okay, it looks bad outside, so which way is it going??? I quickly turn on the TV, there's a possible tornado on the ground west of us. I call our friend Tabby who's home alone with no shelter to make sure she's watching. I know that most of the time, these things head NE, but I do know that they sometimes head staight E. If E was the direction it was going, then I needed to take shelter with my kids. I wasn't getting a quick enough answer, so yes, I'm one of those that goes outside. I saw that the clouds were heading NE so I stayed put for a while. We didn't have clouds that close to us to be concerned. After going outside, the weatherman confirmed the NE direction that was going away from us. After changing Kaylee's daiper, the weather was our interest for the rest of the evening.
5 tornado's in all touched down in OK, with 3 of them being in the Oklahoma City metro area! All 3 were at least 15 miles away from us but we still had our sirons go off due to them being in the same county that was live in. We got heavy rain afterwards.
The storms have delayed our trip to AR tonight, so we'll be leaving in the morning somtime. We are sending my parents to Branson for their first vacation in over 30 years without kids. We'll be keeping the grandkids and doing all their hard work, then guess what??? I'm leaving my kids with them so Rob and I can go to Branson! *all smiles* We'll go pick them up after a couple of days, but the kids have been begging to go see their Nana & Papaw & play with their cousins. This is about the only time we can get it done.
So, interent world will not be accessed for the next 1 1/2 weeks.

Madison being goofey with her straw. She looks so different.

6 comments:
Your girls are growing up so fast...They are beautiful!! My 3 year old will turn 4 in April. Haley's birthday is today and she turned 9...Wow..how time flies!!!
The girls are beautiful princesses. Sister Bear woke me up this morning to see if we had any family in the OKC area since the tornadoes blew through. Glad to hear that ya'll are okay. Those late winter/early spring twisters can be pretty unpredictable. Have a great trip.
I can't believe how big the girls have gotten.. You have beautiful children!
I thought of you all last night and prayed for you. So glad things were good! The girls are beautiful!
I am glad you guys are safe. I was going to call, but never did....sorry. I did pray for you though.
What beautiful princesses you have living at your house! I'm glad to hear that you are all safe. Have a good time watching all the cousins and then having your own little get-a-way. ;-) It is amazing the change in appearance that one bendy straw makes! lol
Post a Comment