Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Hair Cuts & More Stuff...

The night I cut Madison's hair, she said, "But Mommy, I didn't want all my hair cut off." Tear filled her eyes and this sad puppy face that melts any ones heart came over her. I think she was more scared that I was going to be upset since I carried on so when she decided to take the scissors to her own hair. I reassured her that we all liked her hair. I just didn't know how much I would like it.

She woke up the next morning with very little bed head!!! She's the worst when it comes to waking up with tangles all in her hair. I was thrilled that there was only one little tangle!

Emma was still set on not cutting her pretty long hair. She has good hair, hardly ever any tangles.

The girls and I all left Friday morning for AR to attend a funeral of a dear family friend that was like family. The trip was pretty easy, took us about 7 hours. Rob wasn't able to go with us with work he had to do and schooling he had to finish. The funeral was nice and it's so much easier to go through one knowing that a person is saved.

After the funeral, my nieces hit me up for haircuts. I had 3 done then Emma pulled a big one on me. She at first at our home, was telling me she did want her hair cut, but only a little bit. NOW she's telling she wants her hair like Madison's! I asked about 8 times before I finally cut it. It's really cute. I'm always afraid on the first hair cut, not knowing how it's really going to lay. Then I cut my moms hair. 5 hair cuts that evening and my feet were sore!!! There were more that needed cut, some of the boys, but if they don't wash their hair, then they don't get a hair cut from me!

I brought my mom home with me. We are in revival this week with my Uncle and I knew she could at least get back to AR. She may not make it home, but somebody will come get her where ever she's dropped off at. I was excited about posting Emma's picture of her hair, I got some cute ones. So off to the van I went to get the camera that I had "left in the van" and then realized, I LEFT MY CAMERA AT MOM & DAD'S HOUSE! I'm really bummed. But, just look at Madison's hair cut again, with Emma's face pictured in it, and that's her hair cut.

I'll have my camera back in about 2 weeks, so I'll work on getting the picture up then. I had even taken a picture of me at 13 weeks to post after I got back home. So sorry, you'll all have to wait now.

Yesterday was Rob's 32nd birthday. I didn't see much of him. First he was off to work, come home for a short time while I was out buying him things and then off to church we went while he had some important dinner date with a visiting general. The 30 minutes we did get to spend with him was nice. I picked up a ballon, some cards, and some birthday donuts from Krispy Kreme. I had each of the girls to take him something while they sang to him. He was smiling from ear to ear.

I think a nap is calling me. I've been tired ever since I woke up. Didn't sleep too well last night. I have a babysitter in the house now (mom) and I think I'm going to take advantage of it today before we leave to visit with my aunt & uncle before church.

Hope & pray you all have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Wow! I didn't know that you knew how to cut hair. From the sounds of it you must by the family stylist for all of your extended family too.

Bummer that you forgot your camera, but we'll patiently wait until you get it back for the pics. ~grin~

Oh my goodness! Brother Rob is getting OLD! ~hee hee~ Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!

Montgomery's said...

Yes, I went to school for Cos, worked a little over a year before becoming pregnant and then moved to OK. Since that time, I keep my skills up with all the family I have and friends that come by. With all I do, I should have a job! ha ha

Momma Tammi said...

You sound like Sister Karen. She did the same thing. Ray had asked if you went to school for it and I didn't know, so now I can tell him.

Washington Okie said...

Sister Amy, who's your uncle that's preaching the revival? Also, once we get back there I may need a new hair style, can you help me out? :)

Happy BIRTHDAY to Bro. Rob, I don't even remember 32 anymore.

Montgomery's said...

Bro. Ray,

I'll do my best, but I may have to refer you - to Rob. :) Gary Barker from AR is in rivival with us.