Thursday, March 5, 2009

The last 3 weeks...

Wow, I know, it's been some time since I've blogged, but hey, I have an excuse.

I'm going to do my best to keep this short and sweet since so many weeks are being covered.

So we started out in Mtn. View (with no internet) and sent my parents off to Branson, MO for the first vacaton they have ever had alone. I suppose after 40 some years of marriage and now tending to most the grandkids, they needed a break. I'm glad we were able to give it to them.

I think one day we had 12 kids at the house. I ended up watching a couple more for a friend while her father was in the hospital. All the kids were outstanding and did so well. Who would have thought?


Kaylee's first ride with Uncle James.
She LOVES the 4 wheeler.
While in AR, the girls wanted to share their birthday party with family and friends. We invited some other kids we know and then a couple days later told them they may not want to come. Daniel had the stomach virus and was getting over it when we arrived to AR, then my niece Blakely got sick on Saturday & Sunday with the virus. The only kids that ended up being there were the cousins that have already been exposed to the sickness all week long. We had a good time anyway. We did have a couple extra adults to show up.
Emma wanted a princess cake and Madison wanted a Tinker Bell cake. Well... I'm not paying for two cakes and spending twice the money! No way! I made a deal with Madison. We'd get a princess cake since I KNEW we could get that and I would get Tinker Bell plates and head bands. That seemed to work. Then I started to panic when I was searching for a princess cake in a town of 2600 people! HA Good luck! One grocery store and the smallest Super Wal-Mart known to man. I had already picked up the Tinker Bell things, so all I needed was that cake. I called to check on a cake at the one grocery store and I barely made it in time to put my order in. Talking about close! It all turned out good and the kids just loved it. Very good cake by the way.


We saw a kid take the first bite out of their birthday cake. When I told the family what we had seen, they were all for the girls doing it too. All the kids started chanting, "Bite it, bite it, bite it." So the girls dug in.


I think they enjoyed taking the first piece of the cake at the same time. And yes, they did get that corner they bit off of.



My dad with Kaylee
The following Monday, Rob and I left all the kids at Nana & Papaw's since they had their time of rest and we went on a vacation of our own to Branson for a few days. No pictures of that trip, but it was great to get away for a little while with no kids.
We came home for a day before we were off again with Rob on a TDY to San Antonio, TX. It was great to be with him while he had to be away.
We went down to the river walk and the ONLY picture I got was with some mexicans that sang us a song for the girls. We had to pay $6 for the one song!!! Rip off, but fun.



One day that Rob had off, we ventured out to the Children's Museum downtown. They kids really enjoyed it. I think we spent nearly 3 hours in their where they were able to venture around and experience new things.

Their bus ride.


They both got to drive a tractor, but Madison was too blurry.


A shopping spree.


Kaylee doing her share of shopping.


Kaylee loving on herself.


Flying an airplane.


Dressing up while I pray they don't get head lice.


Then we walked to the Alamo not know the history behind it. We learned as we were there. Now Rob wants to study it out.






So it was a busy day, and most of my days were busy with the kids even though we were in a hotel room while Rob was gone.

So I wonder how Rob & I both not realize that Kaylee has pudding trying to eat it and not doing a very good job at it??? Not sure, but it made for a cute picture. At least it wasn't all over the wall!!!

Madison and Emma got some V-Tech game for their birthday. This night, I was showing them how to send pictures to one anonther.
Once we made it back home, I was sick for 4 days with the whole pregnancy stuff. Finally this past Tues I started to feel better and Wed. was like a whole new day for me! I've made it to 13 weeks!!! I'm beginning to get a little belly bulge and some of my clothes are REALLY tight now. I'm just about ready to move on to maternity clothes. I'll work on getting a picture out there next week. The heartrate of the baby was 160 during my appointment, so I'm guessing we are having another girl. ha. We'll find out in about 5 weeks what we are having.
First, I'll be going to AR again this weekend for a funeral of a close friend of the family. I'll be bringing my mother home with me so she'll be here for our revival and then she'll catch a ride back home with her sister & brother-in-law who is holding the revival for us.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

So glad that you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a great vacation in spite of the virus. Love the pictures. Your girls are beautiful.

Tammy K. said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am glad your feeling better.
I hope we can make it to the Alamo while we are living in Tx. I would love to see it. I want to go to San Antonio so bad. I am glad you guys got to tag along w/Rob. Looking forward to that picture.