On March 8th, there was an earthquake felt here in the metro that measured 3.4. I missed it since I was in AR, but Rob said he felt it & woke up, thought someone had hit the house and ran outside to see. So did our friends who got woke up at their home.
Today, as I'm sitting at the computer talking to Rob on the phone, my entire desk shook and the computer shook really bad. I even was shaken a bit in my chair. I literally thought someone had hit our home. Construction worker are at the intersection of our home and I thought maybe someone had made a mistake with the bobcat that's running around out there. Well, nothing hit our home so I called Tabby to see if she felt it too. She did. While I was on the phone to her, there was another shake. I kept checking the earthquake center online to see if anything registered, but nothing after 20 minutes.
FINALLY it had been posted. An earthquake in the Del City area one registering 2.7 and the other at 2.5. Okay folks, that's like 1 mile from my house.
I'm thinking to myself... As if I don't have enough foundation problems, you really think I want to deal with earthquakes shaking my home causing more cracks in my walls and floors? NO!
So, that's our excitement for the day and the girls don't even know they've been in an earthquake. It's not my first, I've felt several while living in AR. I'm just praying that these frequent shakes stop and don't continue.
The Earth is not all that's shaking. I keep forgetting to tell that I've been feeling the baby move. First time was last Wed. and then again on Sat. Little flutters that tickle, it's so neat to already be feeling the baby moving around in there. And no, it's not gas! I know the difference!!! I felt Kaylee really early too. I guess that's one thing I enjoy about pregnancy, feeling the baby move around having life already in my body, growing. Love it.
Ya'll have a great day!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I thought that I was getting away from the earthquakes...I love the way you and Rob described it though. In Guam and Okinawa, you didn't assume someone "hit" your home, you knew immediately what it was (maybe because we knew that we were within the "ring of fire" and earthquakes are frequent occurances). When we had one while we were stationed at the AFA, it sounded like a semi or train had hit the end of our house and everyone in the cul de sac ran out at the same time. I guess we just aren't expecting that to be happening which causes us to think the house has been hit.
Feeling the baby within you is the most wonderful feeling. How exciting.
Thank you for praying. After sleeping for the past 3 hours, I am feeling some better. The pain isn't as excrutiating as it was. It was so weird. As soon as I published, I hit the "view blog" button and there was already a comment and it was you. Talk about being a quick commentor...you take the prize!
lol Oh, you know me, quick to comment. ha ha. Just so happen to be posting myself.
We ended up with 4 earthquakes today. 3 in Del City and the 4th just SE of Norman. Wild crazy day!
Hey I know what thats like We lived in California it is weird feeling only out there their always looking for the BIG one so you never know if it is it....lol scary!! so neat about the baby Heather is right behind you so soon for her.
Post a Comment