Sunday, March 29, 2009

BUMMED!

Rob started classes again this past week. This time around, he's having to go to the school. He has been taking online classes the past few times so he can stay home and I like that much better. Oh well, it's just for 8 more weeks.

I'm so bummed that the weathermen, all of them, faked us out here in OKC! We were suppose to get 3-5 inches of snow and we got NOTHING! If it wasn't for our fence, I would not have even seen the snow that landed on the post as it was flying by. Oh, wait, it did snow heavy for about 30 minutes, but too warm to sick. I think they got the rain and snow inches mixed up! We got nearly an inch of rain to swim in and not enough snow to play in!!!

I knew it, I knew that we should have packed our bags and headed for the NW were 12-16 inches was predicted. Instead, they got 25 inches with snow drifts up to the roof of their house! How I would have loved to play in it with the kids. Maybe next year.

I don't think I really needed to be out in the weather anyway. I've been sick now for a week with a fever. Madison had her round with it and now Kaylee is on day 4 with a fever as well. Hopefully it will all pass soon, very soon. The last time I had a cold, I was sick with a fever for over 3 weeks. I really don't want that to happen again. Besides, we have to prepare for youth convention this weekend.

Youth Convention... it's gonna be great. Always is and I don't expect anything less this year. Our youth is excited about going and I know God is going to touch many people this year.

Before my fever came up again today, I managed to squeeze in a hair cut for myself. I finally got tired for people messing my hair up and me having to pay money for it, so I decided a few hair cuts ago, I would just do it myself. It's not easy! The mirror and angles plays tricks on me. However, after 45 minutes or so, I managed to get it to look better than the salons around here. After all, I did go to school for it, so I should be able to do a decent job on myself.

So now I'm off to eat again, see about doing some more laundry before the kids wake up or maybe just rest - oh, Kaylee just woke up. My body is aching with this fever. I'm just glad I'm not bed ridden with it.

Hope everyone is having or had a great Sunday.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I'll be praying for you. I thought for sure you were over it. I'm sorry that you didn't get snow to play, but thankful that you didn't have snow and ice for my husband to drive in.

See ya in a couple days. Sure you're still up for company?

Montgomery's said...

Sis. Tammi - Yes, if you are up to coming. I think it's just a sinus infection. I think my cough is due to drainage in my throat. Makes it tickle & itch. It's only sore if I cough a lot and even at that once I stop coughing, then the it goes away. If you are afraid of coming, then I understand. ;) Otherwise, we'd love to visit with you.

~Amy said...

You are a braver woman than I. I'm scared to even trim my bangs.

Hope you get to feeling better. I HATE sore throat stuff.

We had snow yesterday too. There was a tiny bit of accumulation on the grass in certain areas, but the sun came out today and even that's alreay all gone. I'm not bummed, though. I'm kind of ready for spring: sunshine, flowers, and budding trees ... even if it does mean pollen and all the yuckies that come with it. It's definitely pretty. We're just barely starting to see the tiniest sign of buds on the trees and we saw some daffodils yesterday, so it's on its way. :D

cokelady said...

I hope you're feeling better.

How was Youth Convention???